Thursday 18 February 2010

Follow the Yellow Brick Road

Well, I haven't written to my blog in a while now, but today my entry is about life. Sometimes we don't know where we are going, or even know where we WANT to be going. But it's all laid out there and all we have to do is let God direct us. Close your eyes and imagine someone leading you. Sometimes we are blind to where we are going, but totally trust that that person with their hands on our shoulders is guiding us to the best place possible. We sometimes have no way of seeing where we are going, but a lot of the time we haven't got a blindfold, we are simply just not opening our eyes. God says many times in the Bible that we should not worry because He is taking us on the best journey we can ever have. That is one with Him :)

Jeremiah 29:11 - For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.


We can make our own plans, but the Lord gives the right answer - Proverbs 16:1

It's refreshing to know these things. It brings a smile to my face, and a warm fuzzy feeling to my stomach, and yes... I am sitting here like a numpty grinning at my computer screen! But do you know what, I don't even care!

I can't remember what the verse was now, I didn't get a chance to write it down, but at my baptism I got given a verse by someone about God leading my pathway, and me bringing others along too. It was so encouraging, I just wish I had written it down!

Even though God has this pathway for us, we still have a choice. There are many different pathways leading other ways, or that God has given us other pathways always leading back to the straight and narrow one. And if there's such a thing as heart strings, which reading my other blogs entries you may think I definitely believe they exist, then I think they are attached to us like safety ropes, when we fall off the pathway, they tug us back in. I believe this because God has chosen us to follow His way. He asks nothing in return, and we get a life plan ahead of us. Sure, there are hills, and pits we fall into and struggle to climb, but we'll get there in the end :)

God bless xxxxxxxx

2 comments:

  1. Thank you, that's lovely and encouraging, it's great to hear God speaking through people :)

    ReplyDelete