Tuesday 2 March 2010

Pardon my dust

Who am I to judge you?
My last blog was probably a bit harsh. True, I would say, but harsh. It got me thinking, and God saying to me "who are YOU to judge?" I realised of all these misguided and confused people, I knew none of them, none of their situations, none of their struggles, why they wanted advice. Only God knows their deepest thoughts and desires, and confusion. I am nobody to tell them they are wrong to ask advice. God put others there to carry each other's burdens, as it says in Galatians 6:2


Carry each other's burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ.
 
I stupidly and blindly forgot that although these people should think about their attitude, I definitely need to think about mine.
I can't say that they should be asking God and reading His Word about it, when I am not in that situation. Maybe they have tried those things, or maybe they have other reasons for not going to God, like they are ashamed. WHO AM I TO JUDGE THEM?! Noone is perfect and I can't even think about what they must be going through - some of these people are so troubled. I am not worthy to condemn them for not doing what I think they should do.
 
Just as God said to me,

Job 4:3-5 - In the past you have encouraged many people; you have strengthened those who were weak. Your words have supported those who were falling; you encouraged those with shaky knees. But now when trouble strikes, you lose heart. You are terrified when it touches you.

These people don't need my advice, they need God's advice, and instead of moaning at them, maybe I should think about not condemning them at the same time. I am not perfect, far from, infact, but I cannot make obvious what I believe the faults to be in others, without highlighting those in myself.

If you argue your case with a neighbor, do not betray another man's confidence, or he who hears it may shame you and you will never lose your bad reputation ~ Proverbs 25:9-10



Gossip is a big downfall for me, and I'm not afraid to admit it. I'm getting better, I don't tend to stir things up, I just like to know what's going on. To put it plainly, I am a nosey person! But I'm learning with God helping me to only approach those who need help with the hug they need, and not ask questions. After all, like I said, only God knows their true and deepest needs. I don't so there is no point in me knowing. It is teaching me to have better genuine concern for people rather that the situation, and I see the difference already. Last night really refreshed me, and God showed me I was straying from His help. Thank God for those who he has put in place to help me. Mike, this verse is for you :)
2 Timothy 4:2 - Preach the Word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage—with great patience and careful instruction.

You have done this and God wants to say thanks to His faithful servant, as do I! So thank you!



Proverbs 10:17 - He who heeds discipline shows the way to life, but whoever ignores correction leads others astray.


Back to serve my actual purpose I go, losing myself totally in God. It is not me who I need to keep hold of, it is the one who is always right and that's Jesus.

1 Corinthians 15:10 - But by the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace to me was not without effect. No, I worked harder than all of them—yet not I, but the grace of God that was with me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYrNJuzfPqU :)

No comments:

Post a Comment