Tuesday 20 April 2010

I see the King of Glory... coming on the clouds with fire!

Only a quick blog, but I wanted to say, throw everything at God! And grab all the good things with both hands! Like Paul Field said at Sold Out on Saturday evening, don't mistake leaving everything at the cross as including your sense of humour! Christians aren't boring! If anything we have more reason to be happy and someone to fall back on when we're not! There is of course that verse about leaving your problems at the cross, but it's good not to leave who you are there! God loves you for who you are, so stay how you are! This is something I really love. It says in Exodus 13:21:

By day the LORD went ahead of them in a pillar of cloud to guide them on their way and by night in a pillar of fire to give them light, so that they could travel by day or night.

The cloud was to keep them comfortable from the heat during the day when it could cause them to suffer, and lead them in the right direction. The pillar of fire was to show them the way when they could not see it themselves, and to keep them warm and comforted.
 
See how thoughtful God is! They only had to follow Him! But I don't think I'm lying when I say they didn't have to do anything at all! God didn't mind, He had only offered them the best and safest option for them! Of course they were going to take it! Which is why I wonder sometimes why there are people who see that as a burden, or lack of freedom to choose how to live. God is not a burden, He is the best weapon you will ever have, because He is always right, and He cannot be defeated!
 
And I would love to share just another thing which has struck me. Re-read the verse from Exodus above, then read this...
 
Isaiah 30:27 - See, the Name of the LORD comes from afar, with burning anger and dense clouds of smoke; his lips are full of wrath, and his tongue is a consuming fire.
 
If that isn't proof of God being with them with the cloud, and the fire, then ... I don't even know what to say! Wow, that has really actually struck me there. My goodness me, God is so good :)
 

1 comment:

  1. :) I like this.. and I like the mention of my uncle :) xx

    ReplyDelete